The Honduras Local Governance (HLG) Activity works to enhance basic service delivery provision through increased citizen influence and improved governance in western Honduras. In the most vulnerable western departments of Honduras, the Activity works to ensure that USAID investments in nutrition, water and sanitation, education, and other critical services are expanded, deepened, and made sustainable as part of a holistic effort to reduce extreme poverty. The Activity strengthens governance actions at the national, subnational, and local level, where basic services are delivered and where most Honduran citizens interact with their government. In addition, HLG works to contribute to the increase in citizen security and access to health services for vulnerable populations in the high crime Urban Areas. This is achieved through capacity development of local government and service providers to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, while continuing to strengthen the essential capacity of civil society groups, local governments, and service providers to provide citizens improved services. In alignment with USAID’s CDCS for 2020-2025 and its Goal of “A more prosperous, democratic and secure Honduras where citizens, especially youth, are inspired to stay and invest in their future,” the Activity will also contribute to the reduction of irregular migration and reintegration of migrant returnees, while adopting Positive Youth Development (PYD) approaches within the HLG context.
The HLG Activity seeks to recruit a highly motivated, self-driven, dynamic and detail-oriented Communications and Outreach Specialist with excellent writing skills (both Spanish and English) and experience managing donor’s activities to join its Program Office in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The Communications and Outreach Specialist will directly be responsible of the implementation of the HLG activity Branding Strategy and Marking Plan (BSMP) and coordinate all communication and outreach activities.
As part of the HLG Activity, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will work under the supervision of the Communications and Outreach Manager. The Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible of the following:
• Support the HLG Activity’s Communications and Outreach efforts including support for the implementation of the Branding Strategy and Marking Plan (BSMP).
• Assist develop and disseminate communications materials and assist with outreach to program stakeholder and planning of program workshops, forums and other events as assigned.
• Support HLG’s regional office staff to understand requirements of ADS 320.3.3 Branding and Marking Requirements; provide feedback to ensure events and promotional materials are compliant with HLG’s Branding and Marking Plans.
• Monitor all media and social media to monitor news that are related with HLG activities both at the national level and in the areas of intervention in Western Honduras and Urban Areas.
• Assist review, graphic design, format and finalize key HLG project publications, documents, reports and USAID deliverables in accordance with HLG Branding Strategy and Marking plans and DAI style guides and other guidance.
• Assist write briefing documents in English for upcoming events, and work with HLG staff to review plans, events and potential social media campaigns for upcoming commemorative dates.
• Assist Coordinate with Communication staff in regional offices to collect information on HLG’s impact for social media and reporting.
• Support the project’s media, outlets, communications and digital archive of photos and relevant videos.
• Responsible for taking quality pictures in HLG public activities, seminars, workshops and any other assigned.
• Assist manage social media communications and outreach mechanisms and materials (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, others as indicated).
• Assist draft in Spanish and English press releases, presentations, and materials as needed and assigned.
• Travel to HLG’s targeted municipalities to execute responsibilities as needed and assigned.
• Assist with live broadcasting through social media or other virtual platforms for HLG sponsored events, as requested.
- Completion of Secondary School is required. Degree in Communications, Journalism or similar field and/or advanced degree studies in Communications is preferred.
- Previous experience working with international development donors or programs in communications and outreach activities. Previous experience with USAID activities is highly desirable.
- Experience applying and maintaining style guides, with strong preference for direct experience applying USAID requirements.
- Two to four years’ experience writing reports, documents, and outreach materials and at least three years developing and implementing communications plans and strategies for USAID’s activities.
- Familiarity with the design and implementation of Communications Strategies and Plans.
- Ability to comply with ADS 320.3.3 Branding and Marking Requirements and to implement the HLG Branding Strategy and Marking Plan.
- Experience planning and implementation of outreach and media events.
- Experience developing diverse types of communications content for a range of media platforms and outlets including social media such a Facebook and twitter.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated experience writing on complex technical activities, in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and reporting on program impact and implementation
- Understanding of DAI’ policies and procedures preferred
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and complete tasks on time without significant oversight.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as individually.
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including cultural sensitivity and political awareness
- Proven initiative, creativity, self-direction, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in proofreading and formatting
- Level 4 (fluency) in Spanish and Level 3 (good working knowledge) English proficiency required. Higher English proficiency is preferred.
This position is in the FSN 08 of our Salary Scale and includes an annual salary range between L. 353,985.00 - L. 601,775.00. This amount does not include the thirteenth or fourteenth month of salary.
Send your application no later than january 7, 2021, before 1:00 pm, to the address GLH_recruitment@dai.com, accompanying a Letter of Interest in which you express your motivations for applying and indicating the name of the Position to which you apply.
This position is subject to the availability of funds from the Donor. Applying for this position does not commit DAI to grant it.